Flourless Chocolate Torte
18oz Dark Chocolate
9ea. Whole Eggs
9oz Unsalted Butter
12oz Brown Sugar
2ea Lemon Juice and zest
1. Grease and line a cake pan and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a sauce pan melt the chocolate and butter. Be careful not to burn.
3. Whisk Together eggs and brown sugar until well combined.
4. Slowly pour chocolate in egg mixture and stir in juice and zest.
5. Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Place pan into a slightly larger pan that has been filled partially with water. Cook until tester inserted into center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
2 Cup Frozen PEI Blueberries
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp Ground Cardamom
1 tbsp pink peppercorn
1 lemon, juice and zest
2 tbsp Cornstarch, mix with cold water as needed.
1. In a small pot combine Sugar, 1 cup of Berries and spices and lemon juice and zest.
2. Add a small amount of water as needed to cook the berries out.
3. Once cooked out add cornstarch to thicken slightly and then add the remaining berries.
4. Cool and refrigerate
Drizzle with Island Honey and a few flakes of Fleur de Sel!
Enjoy my PEI!
Yield: 8 portions